Food Fight will take place on Monday, November 1, 2021 at the Mid-America Restaurant Expo + Conference. The winner of the competition will be the contestant that best incorporates the secret ingredient into an appetizer (first round) and main dish (second round).
8:00 a.m. : Contestants Arrive
8:30 a.m. : Mandatory Orientation
9:00 a.m. : Competition Starts
3:00 p.m.: Awards Ceremony
The winner of the competition will earn a cash prize.
Registration is $50 per entry. Paid registration entitles named competitors admission to the Mid-America Restaurant Expo. Others accompanying competitors must purchase tickets at www.midamericarestaurantexpo.com.
Registration opens July 1, 2021.
Please contact Shoshanna Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917.628.3198 with any questions.
FOOD FIGHT RULES
- Contestants may work in teams of two.
- In round one, each team will be given thirty minutes to prepare an appetizer that incorporates the secret ingredient. The Mid-America Restaurant Expo will supply the secret ingredient. In addition, all contestant teams must bring the following ingredients:
- 3 vegetables
- 1 meat/plant-based protein
- 1 fruit
- Garnish to be used during presentation of the plate only.
- Seasonings and spices.
- Flour, Sugar, Cooking Fat
- In round two, each team will be given forty-five minutes to prepare a main course that incorporates the new secret ingredient.
- Teams may prepare recipes ahead of time but will not be made aware of the secret ingredient until the contest begins.
- Each team will present their ingredients to the judges before the “Secret Ingredient” will be handed out. The judges have the right to disallow the use of an ingredient if it doesn’t meet the approved list. Teams will prepare a presentation plate of food for each judge and present it by the end of the hour.
- Teams will have access to the following equipment and tools:
- Cleaning Suplies
- Contestants must bring adequate supplies for three (3) identical servings and /or plates. Contestants must bring their own work utensils (knives, bowls, spoons, spatulas, etc.), cutting boards, small hand tools, cookware and presentation and/or serving dishes.
- The competition is limited to the first 24 entries. Competitors must be chefs, restaurant owners or restaurant staff. Contestants must be 16 or older to compete.
- Overnight refrigeration space is available at the convention center for contestants’ ingredients. Call 877-265-7469 for more information.
- Expo Food Fight staff has the right to inspect all coolers and products.
- All Expo Food Fight contestants must be in compliance with Expo rules and regulations. Violators may be subject to disqualification.
- Decisions made by the Expo Burger Battle judging panel are final in all aspects of this competition.